Sure are a lot of deniers and I don’t know why. it seems well obvious.
It is easy to see the changes man have made on our planet. Mother Nature pushes back when species pollute too much (just ask the Cyanobacteria) – we have been seeing storms of industry slamming the coasts, while the rich get richer, the poor lose everything.
Climate change is a natural event. Man dramatically accelerates this event. (Repeat as necessary)
Time for the Trump admin to destroy all the government data.
“FAKE NEWS! Its just greedy scientists looking for grant money to party with. Thank goodness we have wholesome petrochemical and coal companies to keep us safe!”
@JI2M – on what basis do you claim that anthropogenic climate change has not been proven? Are you a climate scientist? I think not, given that agreement is nearly total among climate scientists, and indeed virtually every scientific association the world has been convinced by the data. Not only is there scientific proof, it’s been in our hands for years now, and there were clear signs decades ago.
It’s really quite simple:
1. the Earth is currently warmer than it should be given the natural cycles we know well (e.g., we are in a solar cooling cycle now).
2. The warming has been increasing against these natural cycles, and it has been happening over a relatively short period of time, which is also anomalous compared to normal natural cycles.
3. CO2 accounts for a significant amount of heat retention — the “greenhouse effect” on Earth that enables us to be as warm as we are.
4. CO2 has increased massively in the atmosphere in recent decades. That increase aligns almost perfectly (and predictably) with increase in global warmth. (That concept, by the way, dates to Svante Arrhenius in 1896, who actually did a rough calculation that still works pretty well. This is not new.)
5. CO2 increase is directly attributable to human action: burning of fossil fuels and land reuse (e.g., removing forests that absorbed CO2)
6. The majority of the anomalous warmth is attributable to increased CO2, and the overwhelming majority of that increased CO2 is due to human causes, therefore we are the primary and overwhelming cause of global warming.
NONE of this is complicated. The complicated part is figuring out how much CO2 equals how much climate change, and understanding the very complicated impact on the Earth as it plays out across geographies and different ocean currents, etc.
Anthropogenic global warming is a fact. If you want references, here’s an excellent site that breaks down the commonest questions and challenges that have been made.
@JI2M- Sadly you rely on a resource funded by and promoted by dirty energy, Big Oil, that simply repeats distorted facts. The film maker, Mathis, is an oil spokesperson, previously know for “profound dishonesty”. So much for the movie maker’s claim for being independent or neutral! Especially when Mathis uses cameo appearances of (Snowball idiot)James Inhofe, and his cronies. www.theguardian.com/environment/blog/2011/oct/03/spoiled-documentary-oil-industry-energy
Global warming is a myth!! God created everything and the world is getting colder!! And that is just the Republican tax plan…
Oh you Libs!
Why Big Business would Never, Ever, buy the results of science papers in order to confuse and muddy the waters just so they can keep selling a product!
Lead in Gasoline and house paint gets into the environment and raises toxic lead levels in children.
Ok, Just that once…
The Tobacco Industries falsify their data to hide links to cancer…
Prescription opioids, Coal industries
Now anthropogenic climate change….
There is a reason the old con games never really go out of style.
Aaawwwww….. There y’all go again preaching to the choir……. But nobody’s answered my question. Have we reached the point of no return?…… I think somebody out there is getting paid to make sure that we reach that point. Did anybody see the movie “The Return”?
The college major with the highest median pay is Petroleum Engineer. The BIG money available is for fossil fuel interests and they are willing to pay millions to professional deniers to protect their billions.
Hurry up global warming!! Winter’s coming!!