Matt Wuerker for December 20, 2012

  1. Birthcontrol
    Dtroutma  over 11 years ago

    Don’t tell the “kids”, that Santa and the “cliff” are both merely efforts to make them behave, and neither seems to work.

     •  Reply
  2. U joes mint logo rs 192x204
    Uncle Joe Premium Member over 11 years ago

    And now, some Republicans are trying to drag budget negotiations out through February or March. The debt ceiling will need to increased again & the GOP think they will have more leverage against Obama. Of course, that plan backfired then, and it’s likely to do even more damage this time.

     •  Reply
  3. Missing large
    Marty Z  over 11 years ago

    The Republican leaders’ plan will not only fail again and do more damage this time, but even more of the American people will blame them. They are already on a path to becoming a minority party, but this will accelerate it.

     •  Reply
  4. Me on trikke 2007    05
    pam Miner  over 11 years ago

    I sure would love it if the tea partiers went crashing Themselves off the cliff, and took all fuzzy thinking Obama haters with them.

     •  Reply
  5. Albert einstein brain i6
    braindead Premium Member over 11 years ago

    Let’s see…Last August, Republicans damaged the credit rating of the United States by using the debt ceiling as leverage. Their excuse then was that they were protecting the job creators, even though they couldn’t point to even one, nor could they identify any jobs that had been created.-This time, the threat not to raise debt ceiling limit will be used again as leverage to, in Boehner’s words, ‘protect all American taxpayers’. -The bill passed in the Senate would keep the Bush tax cuts for 98% of taxpayers.-Doing the math, ‘all taxpayers’ minus ‘98% of the taxpayers’ leaves 2% of the American taxpayers that Boehner and the Republicans are protecting.-Boehner is once again willing, maybe eager, to damage the credit rating of the United States in order to protect the wealthiest 2% of taxpayers.-BTW, those 2% would STILL receive the same Bush tax cuts for ALL their income under 400,000.

     •  Reply
  6. Missing large
    vwdualnomand  over 11 years ago

    it got worse today. bayner had to pull his plan on lack of support. he can’t lead his own party. his speakership is jeopardy. house recessed and won’t return until after the holidays when the cliff hits. the gop is in disarray. the whole conservative movement is splintering. the mercenaries versus the missionaries.

     •  Reply
  7. Missing large
    SABRSteve  over 11 years ago

    Obama has shown no leadership on this issue. If the ignoramuses had voted for a businessman, there would be no crisis.

     •  Reply
Sign in to comment

More From Matt Wuerker