Or a power-law curve.
@aristoclesplato9 What, we should read you instead?
“Woke” – whatever that is, since no one who uses it defines it – did not kill comedy. There’s more great comedy than ever, and what’s more, comedy that doesn’t rely on tired sexist or nasty racist tropes. And Louis CK and Dave Chappelle seem to doing just fine despite their own “cancellation.” If you can’t keep up with your audience, it’s time to retire.
“Most other entertainment shows”? Name three! It’s been a renaissance of great shows, for which writers and actors are not getting paid, which is why they are striking – the entertainment companies are making record profits, but that money isn’t going to the people who make the entertainment.
“No reflection of the real world”? No one who supports #45, like you, can possibly say that with a straight face. That, in fact, is hilarious!
But of course.
And science is usable by anyone.
Garfield or Gutfeld? Or both?
One is tempted to comment on his partial Masters of Education degree… but it’s too easy. (I have a completed one, as well as my PhD and of course a BA.) I rather doubt he is entitled to the title “Professor,” since he never describes himself as a teacher at college, but a librarian. That’s fine – I fled academia even before I finished my doctorate – but demanding titles you don’t deserve is, shall we say, indicative of something. I don’t even use my title unless it is directly applicable to the situation. E.g., I provide expertise-based consulting on psychology-related issues – executive assessment – so I put it in my bio, but I certainly don’t insist on people calling me “Doctor.”
I suspect watching FoxNews all the time has distorted his perception of the world.
@Al Fresco. Fox IS the Nazi puke. In every country they operate, Murdoch’s organization has worked to destroy democracy and diversity, and promote the right-wing, racism, sexism, and corporatism. That is its purpose, not even out of some philosophy (at least the Koch brothers believe their Bircher nonsense), but to make a buck.
It fascinates me how you manage to project or reverse so thoroughly, and I don’t say this as an ad hominem insult, but as a statement of fact:
- Nazism is right-wing, not leftists: it was and is an explicitly racist, nationalist, sexist, anti-Communist, anti-socialist, pro-corporatist, and authoritarian political stance.
- The Democrats are not radical; they are roughly the same point on the political spectrum as George H. W. Bush, only somewhat more socially liberal. There are no left-wing radicals in national government. None.
- Climate hysteria agenda? Some of us follow science. The evidence is clear.
- Biden corrupt? Did you pay ANY attention to the previous administration? The billions funneled through the Saudis? The deals with China? Or, for that matter, the Supreme Court Justices who openly flaunt ethical standards for the sake of personal wealth? Biden’s son may be corrupt, he isn’t.
- Shut you down? Shout you down? No, that’s what #45 has explicitly stated he wants to do. That’s what DeSantis is doing in Florida with his book bans. That’s what Republicans are trying to do across the nation, by creating a modern apartheid preventing Democrats from voting.
Open your eyes!
But note that unlike most famous cities, you can actually walk across Boston in a day – as you do on the Freedom Trail. It’s got the cosmopolitanism of a New York (having 60+ colleges and universities in the Greater Boston area), it’s a young city (ditto), but it’s not as overwhelmingly large as a New York or London. And it’s surprisingly easy to get around in as long as you don’t drive.
Ah, cannoli. We’ve hooked many of the southern members of our family on them!