Missing large

english.ann Free

Recent Comments

  1. about 7 years ago on Stone Soup

    Hopefully, employees up and down the Atlantic Seaboard were NOT told to stay home if they were considered non-essential; the mayors encouraged people to stay home after this foot of snow fell from Pennsylvania to Maine, no matter who they were, ATV drivers on down.

  2. about 7 years ago on Shoecabbage

    Don’t take, “He’s a hot dude,” or “There’s my old flame,” too literally then. Or think, “I’ve got to douse her with water, quick,” if you’re told, “She’s a real hottie.”

  3. about 7 years ago on Health Capsules

    Sounds like a lot of tea drinkers in Bron Smith’s area don’t buy green tea clearly marked, “Decaffeinated” on the label. I once asked an employee at a small grocery store about some tea they were selling (“Is it caffeinated or not?”) and he gave a good answer. “If it doesn’t say DECAFFEINATED on the box, assume it does have caffeine.”I always look for that word on tea from national brands. Some store brands put their caffeinated black and green tea in darker-colored boxes than they do their decaffeinated black and green tea.I’ve yet to see any decaffeinated oolong tea; black, green and oolong are the main three types of tea.

  4. about 7 years ago on Ripley's Believe It or Not

    Right, something that won’t bounce. At one former job, I had several coworkers who played hacky sack in the parking lot, and they kept the beanbag off the pavement for an average of eight catches with their feet alone. That was about 1990.

  5. about 7 years ago on Ripley's Believe It or Not

    Two of the three played for the Detroit Tigers, the third played for the Chicago White Sox and Kansas City Royals.Aurelio Rodriguez, who played third baseman for the Tigers, was hit by a car as a pedestrian.

  6. about 7 years ago on The Buckets

    Fame is being well-known for doing something well, something good, again and again. You’re written about by historians later. You get a lot of attention from admiring strangers, and others you know who collaborate with you. You get published, if you write stories or songs. Yes, you lose a lot of privacy and gain a lot of work pressure if you gain fame.Perhaps Toby’s friend doesn’t want all that attention from strangers, losing his privacy in the process.

  7. about 7 years ago on Health Capsules

    But only 25% of flavor is taste; the other 75% of flavor is smell. I’ve never forgotten one science special-interest class that my older brother and I took in the fifth and sixth grades; the first day, volunteer students were given different foods and liquids to try identifying when the foods/drinks were put on different parts of their tongues. Sweet is supposed to be tasted at the tip, bitter at the back of the tongue. But one boy tasted sour and salty on the tip and back of his tongue; he was told he had a crazy, mixed-up tongue.

  8. over 7 years ago on Ripley's Believe It or Not

    Wikipedia says that the sound could be heard 3,000 miles away, the loudest sound ever heard in modern history. And that Krakatoa’s explosion destroyed 2/3 of the island it was on, and caused enough tsunamis to kill 36,000 people.

  9. over 7 years ago on Frank and Ernest

    The peas I associate with legumes are green split peas and yellow split peas.

  10. over 7 years ago on Shoecabbage

    Until now, I’d only heard of Flemish and French spoken in Belgium.